For support queries or for any feedback, please send the What’s For Dinner crew an email.
We don’t post anything to Facebook.
Effective Date: November 29, 2017
What information does the Application obtain and how is it used?
User Provided Information
The Application obtains the information you provide when you download and use the Application. This includes information you enter into the Application, such as recipes, shopping lists, meal plans, and bookmarks.
Automatically Collected Information
In addition, the Application may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, and information about the way you use the Application.
Does the Application collect precise real time location information of the device?
This Application does not collect precise information about the location of your mobile device.
Do third parties see and/or have access to information obtained by the Application?
Only aggregated, anonymized data is periodically transmitted to external services to help us improve the Application and our service. We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may disclose User Provided and Automatically Collected Information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- with our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement.
- if What’s for Dinner is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information.
What are my opt-out rights?
You can stop all collection of information by the Application easily by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain User Provided data for as long as you use the Application and for a reasonable time thereafter. We will retain Automatically Collected information for up to 12 months and thereafter may store it in aggregate. If you’d like us to delete User Provided Data that you have provided via the Application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond in a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of the User Provided Data may be required in order for the Application to function properly.
We do not use the Application to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application. Please be aware that, although we endeavor provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Application, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms & Conditions
Terms of Service
Last updated on 12th November 2017
I. Acceptance of terms
Thank you for using What’s For Dinner (WFD). These Terms of Service (the “Terms”) are intended to make you aware of your legal rights and responsibilities with respect to your access to and use of the WFD application (the “App”) and related website at www.wfdaus.com.au (the “Site”) including but not limited to delivery of information via any WFD App or Site whether existing now or in the future that link to the Terms (collectively, the “Services”).
These Terms are effective for all existing and future WFD users.
Please read these Terms carefully. By accessing or using the WFD App you are agreeing to these Terms and forming a legally binding contract with What’s for Dinner (WFDAUS). You may not use the Services if you do not accept the Terms or are unable to be bound by the Terms. Your use of the WFD App is at your own risk, including the risk that you might be exposed to content that is objectionable, or otherwise inappropriate.
By using the App, you understand and agree that WFD will treat your use of the App as acceptance of the Terms from that point onwards.
“User” or “You” or “Your” refers to you, as a user of the Services. A user is someone who accesses or uses the Services for the purpose of sharing, displaying, hosting, publishing, transacting, or uploading information or views or pictures and includes other persons jointly participating in using the Services.
“Content” will include (but is not limited to) reviews, images, photos, location data, and all other forms of information or data. “Your content” or “User Content” means content that you upload, share or transmit to, through or in connection with the Services, such as likes, ratings, reviews, images, photos, messages, profile information, and any other materials that you publicly display or displayed in your account profile. “WFD Content” means content that WFD creates and make available in connection with the Services including, but not limited to, visual interfaces, interactive features, graphics, design, compilation, computer code, products, software, aggregate ratings, reports and other usage-related data in connection with activities associated with your account and all other elements and components of the Services excluding Your Content and Third Party Content. “Third Party Content” means content that comes from parties other than WFD or its users and is available on the Services.
III. Eligibility to use the services
- You hereby represent and warrant that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age or above and are fully able and competent to understand and agree the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms.
- Compliance with Laws. You are in compliance with all laws and regulations in the country in which you live when you access and use the Services. You agree to use the Services only in compliance with these Terms and applicable law, and in a manner that does not violate our legal rights or those of any third party(ies).
IV. Changes to the terms
WFD may vary or amend or change or update these Terms, from time to time entirely at its own discretion. You shall be responsible for checking these Terms from time to time and ensure continued compliance with these Terms. Your use of WFD App after any such amendment or change in the Terms shall be deemed as your express acceptance to such amended/changed terms and you also agree to be bound by such changed/amended Terms.
V. Provision of the services being offered by WFD
- WFD is constantly evolving in order to provide the best possible experience and information to its users. You acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the Services which WFD provides, may require effecting certain changes in it, therefore, WFD reserves the right to suspend/cancel, or discontinue any or all products or services at any time without notice, make modifications and alterations in any or all of its contents, products and services contained on the site without any prior notice.
- We, the software, or the software application store that makes the software available for download may include functionality to automatically check for updates or upgrades to the software. Unless your device, its settings, or computer software does not permit transmission or use of upgrades or updates, you agree that we, or the applicable software or software application store, may provide notice to you of the availability of such upgrades or updates and automatically push such upgrade or update to your device or computer from time-to-time. You may be required to install certain upgrades or updates to the software in order to continue to access or use the Services, or portions thereof (including upgrades or updates designed to correct issues with the Services). Any updates or upgrades provided to you by us under the Terms shall be considered part of the Services.
- You acknowledge and agree that if WFD disables access to your account, you may be prevented from accessing the Services, your account details or any files or other content, which is contained in your account.
- WFD allows you to post recipe content, including photos, comments, links and other materials. Anything that you post or otherwise make available on our Products is referred to as “User Content”. You retain all rights in, and are solely responsible for, the User Content you post on WFD. This means that recipes on WFD still belong to you but may be viewable to the WFD community and others can save it. You grant WFD and our users a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide licence to use, store, display, reproduce, save, modify, create derivative works, perform and distribute your User Content on WFD solely for the purposes of operating, developing, providing and using the WFD Products.
- By using WFD’s Services you agree to the following disclaimer: The Content on these Services is for informational purposes only. WFD disclaims any liability for any information that may have become outdated since the last time the particular piece of information was updated. WFD reserves the right to make changes and corrections to any part of the Content on these Services at any time without prior notice. Please email a takedown request (by using the “Contact Us” link on the home page) to the webmaster if you are the copyright owner of any Content on these Services and you think the use of the above material violates Your copyright in any way.
VII. Use of services by you or user
WFD User Account
You may also be able to register to use the Services by logging into your account with your credentials from certain third party social networking sites (e.g., Facebook). You confirm that you are the owner of any such social media account and that you are entitled to disclose your social media login information to us. You authorise us to collect your authentication information, and other information that may be available on or through your social media account consistent with your applicable settings and instructions.
In creating an account, you represent to us that all information provided to us in such process is true, accurate and correct, and that you will update your information as and when necessary in order to keep it accurate. You may not impersonate someone else, create or use an account for anyone other than yourself, provide an email address other than your own, create multiple accounts, or provide or use false information.
You are also responsible for all activities that occur in your account. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account in order to enable us to take necessary corrective action. You also agree that you will not allow any third party to use your WFD account for any purpose and that you will be liable for such unauthorised access.
By creating an account, you agree to receive certain communications in connection with WFD Platform or Services. For example, you might receive comments from other Users or other users may follow the activity to do on your account. You can opt-out or manage your preferences regarding non-essential communications through account settings.
Ownership of WFD Content and Proprietary Rights
We are the sole and exclusive copyright owners of the WFD Services and all WFD produced Content. We also exclusively own the copyrights, trademarks, logos, trade names and other intellectual and proprietary rights throughout the world (the “IP Rights”) associated with WFD App and Services, which may be protected by copyright, patent, trademark and other applicable intellectual property and proprietary rights and laws.
Your License to WFD Content
We grant you a personal, limited, non-exclusive and non-transferable license to access and use the Services only as expressly permitted in these Terms. You shall not use the Services for any illegal purpose or in any manner inconsistent with these Terms. You may use information made available through the Services solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You agree not to use, copy, display, distribute, modify, broadcast, translate, reproduce, reformat, incorporate into advertisements and other works, sell, promote, create derivative works, or in any way exploit or allow others to exploit any of WFD Content in whole or in part except as expressly authorized by us. Except as otherwise expressly granted to you in writing, we do not grant you any other express or implied right or license to the Services, WFD Content or our IP Rights.
Any violation by you of the license provisions contained in this Section may result in the immediate termination of your right to use the Services, as well as potential liability for copyright and other IP Rights infringement depending on the circumstances.
WFD License to Your or User Content
By submitting Your Content you hereby irrevocably grant WFD a perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license and right to use Your Content (including content shared by any business user having access to a ‘restaurant business page’ to manage claimed business listings or otherwise) and all IP Rights therein for any purpose including API partnerships with third parties and in any media existing now or in future. By “use” we mean use, copy, display, distribute, modify, translate, reformat, incorporate into advertisements and other works, promote, create derivative works, and in the case of third party services, allow their users and others to do the same. You grant us the right to use the name or username that you submit in connection with Your Content. You irrevocably waive, and cause to be waived, any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to Your Content brought against WFD or its Users, any third party services and their users.
Representations Regarding Your or User Content
You are responsible for Your Content. You represent and warrant that you are the sole author of, own, or otherwise control all of the rights of Your Content or have been granted explicit permission from the rights holder to submit Your Content; Your Content was not copied from or based in whole or in part on any other content, work, or website; Your Content was not submitted via the use of any automated process such as a script bot; use of Your Content by us, third party services, and our and any third party users will not violate or infringe any rights of yours or any third party; Your Content is truthful and accurate; and Your Content does not violate the or any applicable laws.
You assume all risks associated with Your Content, including anyone’s reliance on its quality, accuracy, or reliability, or any disclosure by you of information in Your Content that makes you personally identifiable. While we reserve the right to remove Content, we do not control actions or Content posted by our users and do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any Content. You acknowledge and agree that Content posted by users and any and all liability arising from such Content is the sole responsibility of the user who posted the content, and not WFD.
We reserve the right, at any time and without prior notice, to remove, block, or disable access to any content that we, for any reason or no reason, consider to be objectionable, in violation of the Terms or otherwise harmful to the Services or our users in our sole discretion. Subject to the requirements of applicable law, we are not obligated to return any of Your Content to you under any circumstances. Any review, which is derogatory, defamatory or hateful or in violation of the Guidelines and Polices and without any substantial evidence may be taken down at our sole discretion.
You represent that you have read, understood and agreed to our Guidelines and Polices related to Content
X. Restrictions on use
Without limiting the generality of these Terms, in using the Services, you specifically agree not to post or transmit any content (including review) or engage in any activity that, in our sole discretion:
- Violate our Guidelines and Polices;
- Is harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, indecent, defamatory, discriminatory, vulgar, profane, obscene, libelous, hateful or otherwise objectionable, invasive of another’s privacy, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling;
- Constitutes an inauthentic or knowingly erroneous review, or does not address the goods and services, atmosphere, or other attributes of the business you are reviewing.
- Contains material that violates the standards of good taste or the standards of the Services;
- Violates any third-party right, including, but not limited to, right of privacy, right of publicity, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights;
- Accuses others of illegal activity, or describes physical confrontations;
- Alleges any matter related to health code violations requiring healthcare department reporting. Refer to our Guidelines and Policies for more details about health code violations.
- Is illegal, or violates any federal, state, or local law or regulation (for example, by disclosing or trading on inside information in violation of securities law);
- Attempts to impersonate another person or entity;
- Disguises or attempts to disguise the origin of Your Content, including but not limited to by: (i) submitting Your Content under a false name or false pretenses; or (ii) disguising or attempting to disguise the IP address from which Your Content is submitted;
- Constitutes a form of deceptive advertisement or causes, or is a result of, a conflict of interest;
- Is commercial in nature, including but not limited to spam, surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, postings or reviews submitted or removed in exchange for payment, postings or reviews submitted or removed by or at the request of the business being reviewed, or other advertising materials;
- Asserts or implies that Your Content is in any way sponsored or endorsed by us;
- Contains material that is not in English or, in the case of products or services provided in foreign languages, the language relevant to such products or services;
- Falsely states, misrepresents, or conceals your affiliation with another person or entity;
- Accesses or uses the account of another user without permission;
- Distributes computer viruses or other code, files, or programs that interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or electronic communications equipment;
- Interferes with, disrupts, or destroys the functionality or use of any features of the Services or the servers or networks connected to the Services;
- “Hacks” or accesses without permission our proprietary or confidential records, records of another user, or those of anyone else;
- Violates any contract or fiduciary relationship (for example, by disclosing proprietary or confidential information of your employer or client in breach of any employment, consulting, or non-disclosure agreement);
- Decompiles, reverse engineers, disassembles or otherwise attempts to derive source code from the Services;
- Removes, circumvents, disables, damages or otherwise interferes with security-related features, or features that enforce limitations on use of, the Services;
- Violates the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on the Services, if any, or bypasses or circumvents other measures employed to prevent or limit access to the Services;
- Collects, accesses, or stores personal information about other users of the Services;
- Is posted by a bot;
- Modifies, copies, scrapes or crawls, displays, publishes, licenses, sells, rents, leases, lends, transfers or otherwise commercialize any rights to the Services or Our Content; or
- Attempts to do any of the foregoing.
You acknowledge that WFD has no obligation to monitor your – or anyone else’s – access to or use of the Services for violations of the Terms, or to review or edit any content. However, we have the right to do so for the purpose of operating and improving the Services (including without limitation for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation and customer support purposes), to ensure your compliance with the Terms and to comply with applicable law or the order or requirement of legal process, a court, consent decree, administrative agency or other governmental body
You hereby agree and assure WFD that the WFD Platform/Services shall be used for lawful purposes only and that you will not violate laws, regulations, ordinances or other such requirements of any applicable Central, Federal State or local government or international law(s). You shall not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam mail, chain letters or any other form of solicitation, encumber or suffer to exist any lien or security interest on the subject matter of these Terms or to make any representation or warranty on behalf of WFD in any form or manner whatsoever.
WFD is supported by advertising revenue and may display advertisements and promotions. These advertisements may be targeted to the content of information stored on the Services, queries made through the Services or other information. The manner, mode and extent of advertising by WFD on the Services are subject to change without specific notice to you. In consideration for WFD granting you access to and use of the Services, you agree that WFD may place such advertising on the Services.
Limitation of Liability
FURTHERMORE, UNLESS OTHERWISE AGREED TO IN WRITING BY WFD, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF THE WFD PARTIES TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE OF ACTION YOU TAKE AGAINST THE WFD PARTIES WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00).
Some countries and jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of consequential, direct, indirect, or other damages and to the extent you are a consumer the limitations or exclusions in this section may not apply to you.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the WFD Parties from and against any third party claims, damages (actual and/or consequential), actions, proceedings, demands, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) suffered or reasonably incurred by us arising as a result of, or in connection with: (i) Your Content, (ii) your unauthorized use of the Services, or products or services included or advertised in the Services; (iii) your access to and use of the Services; (iv) your violation of any rights of another party; or (v) your breach of these Terms, including, but not limited to, any infringement by you of the copyright or intellectual property rights of any third party. We retain the exclusive right to settle, compromise and pay, without your prior consent, any and all claims or causes of action which are brought against us. We reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any matter in which we are named as a defendant and/or for which you have indemnity obligations without our prior written consent. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
XV. Termination of your access to the services
You can delete your account at any time by contacting us via the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of every page or by following this process: Go to Profile > Setting > Security > click on the ‘Delete Account’ button and ceasing further use of the Services.
We may terminate your use of the Services and deny you access to the Services in our sole discretion for any reason or no reason, including your: (i) violation of these Terms; or (ii) lack of use of the Services. You agree that any termination of your access to the Services may be affected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that we may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and/or bar any further access to your account or the Services. If you use the Services in violation of these Terms, we may, in our sole discretion, retain all data collected from your use of the Services. Further, you agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for the discontinuation or termination of your access to the Services
XVI. General terms
The section and subject headings in these Terms are included for reference only and shall not be used to interpret any provisions of these Terms.
Entire Agreement and Waiver:
If any provision of these Terms is deemed unlawful, invalid, or unenforceable by a judicial court for any reason, then that provision shall be deemed severed from these Terms, and the remainder of the Terms shall continue in full force and effect.
Carrier Rates may Apply:
By accessing the Services through a mobile or other device, you may be subject to charges by your Internet or mobile service provider, so check with them first if you are not sure, as you will be solely responsible for any such costs incurred.
Linking and Framing:
You may not frame the Services. You may link to the Services, provided that you acknowledge and agree that you will not link the Services to any website containing any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic, name, material, or information or that violates any intellectual property, proprietary, privacy, or publicity rights. Any violation of this provision may, in our sole discretion, result in termination of your use of and access to the Services effective immediately.
XVII. Notice of copyright infringement and grievance redressal mechanism
WFD shall not be liable for any infringement of copyright arising out of materials posted on or transmitted through the WFD Platform, or items advertised on the WFD Platform, by end users or any other third parties. We respect the intellectual property rights of others and require those that use the Services to do the same. We may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, remove or disable access to material on the Services that infringes upon the copyright rights of others. We also may, in our discretion, remove or disable links or references to an online location that contains infringing material or infringing activity. In the event that any users of the Services repeatedly infringe on others’ copyrights, we may in our sole discretion terminate those individuals’ rights to use the Services If you believe that your copyright has been or is being infringed upon by material found in the Services, you are required to follow the below procedure to file a notification:
- Identify in writing the copyrighted material that you claim has been infringed upon;
- Identify in writing the material on the Services that you allege is infringing upon copyrighted material, and provide sufficient information that reasonably identifies the location of the alleged infringing material (for example, the user name of the alleged infringer and the business listing it is posted under);
- Include the following statement: “I have a good faith belief that the use of the content on the Services as described above is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law”;
- Include the following statement: “I swear under penalty of perjury that the information in my notice is accurate and I am the copyright owner or I am authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf”;
- Provide your contact information including your address, telephone number, and e-mail address (if available);
- Provide your physical or electronic signature;
Send the written communication to: email@example.com
You may be subject to liability if you knowingly make any misrepresentations on a take-down notice.